Things You Really Ought To Know.
(in no particular order)
- Taxation is theft.
- What time zone you live in.
- What the Bill of Rights is. (Hint: It's NOT a list of Rights granted to us by our government.)
- Health Care Is Not A Right.
- The plural form of you is also you.
- There is only one n in icing.
- The swastika is not evil. It has been a symbol of good luck and prosperity for centuries. Hitler didn't invent it and swastika isn't a German word, it's Sanskrit - actually svastika (the German letter w is pronounced as a v).
- Mine is already possessive, it doesn't need an 's on the end.
- Nuclear is pronounced noo-klee-err, not nuke-you-ler (for GW).
- They are Canada Geese, not Canadian Geese.
- The First Amendment does NOT require the separation of Church and State.
- There is no x in picture.
- A watched pot will in fact eventually boil, given there is enough heat applied to it.
- Speed bumps are of negligible effect if you triple the desired restraining speed.
- Inquiring is not axing.
- Across doesn't end with a t.
- ...neither does cousin.
- "Legal" and "Illegal" often have nothing to do with right and wrong.
- The difference between concealment and cover.
- "Fair" and "Equal" are not synonyms.
- If you haven't got time to do something right, you're not going to have time to do it over.
- Never mistake kindness for weakness.
- Never mistake compliance for submission.
- How Money Works.
Oh, and here's something else you really ought to know: